Author: Charles Manning
To: rick
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs2 on a Linux 2.4 kernel
Hello RIck

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 5:53 AM, <> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client that has used yaffs1/2 on a Linux 2.4 kernel for some
> time and was forced to use a newer NAND part. This part has the larger
> page size so the yaffs software that they have tried switching to yaffs2
> but it seems to have some bugs so they sent a unit to me with almost all of
> the blocks marked "bad". I got the latest git repository but noticed that
> Linux 2.4 support was not included. Some questions:

That is most likely due to NAND driver issues rather than Yaffs itself.

Can you tell me what NAND part you are now using?

> 1) What git tag represents the last known yaffs release that supported
> Linux 2.4?

If you have a working yaffs version on 2.4 then it should be relatively
easy to port the latest Yaffs code to working with the yaffs_vfs.c from
your working kernle.

There have been some changes in the yaffs_vfs.c to yaffs internals, but
these are generally more stable than those between the kernel and the
yaffs_vfs.c

> 2) Is there a different yaffs repository that supports Linux 2.4 somewhere?

Perhaps, but I don't know of one.

> Just FYI, upgrading to a more recent Linux is not an option for this
> product.

Regards

Charles