[Yaffs] Re: Release tags and branches within YAFFS CVS repository.

Wookey wookey@aleph1.co.uk
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:12:44 +0000

+++ Michael Erickson [04-12-22 15:38 -0600]:
> Hello all,
>
> I was looking at the CVS repository and saw no tags or branches denoting
> actual software releases. Am I missing something?

No, so far we've been operating on a simple 'YAFFS<TODAY>' version scheme.
i.e. what you get is today's CVS. We could have made a couple of releases of
particular versions but it was never clear that that there was ever a time
when 'HEAD' wasn't the best answer. I believe the MTD people run their CVS
much the same way, although perhaps with daily tags these days.

I would like to move to having some releases occaisionally, just so we can
point to them and stick them in tarballs for people, and because it is
useful for people on a particular project to know exactly which snapshot
they used. I think 'HEAD' will generally remain the best answer for most
people most of the time.

Wookey