[Yaffs] yaffs kill_sb function and umount error

Frank Rowand frowand@mvista.com
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:35:58 -0800

When I umount a yaffs file system on linux 2.6.9, I get the error:

    VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...

In yaffs/yaffs_fs.c, I changed the .kill_sb function from
kill_litter_super() to kill_block_super().  This made the symptom
of the error message disappear.

This area of the kernel is not my area of expertise - this was
not a fully informed fix, but more of a stab in the dark.  Can
anyone provide advice on whether this is a good way to fix the
problem or whether a different approach would be more correct?

Thanks!

-Frank
--
Frank Rowand <frank_rowand@mvista.com>