[Yaffs] cvs YAFFS + MTD cvs + 2.4.27-vrs1 problems

Aras Vaichas arasv@magellan-technology.com
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:40:07 +1100

Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 17:55 +1100, Aras Vaichas wrote:
>
>>I've finally nailed down a solution to what was causing the occasional bit flip
>>and thus all the lost/bad-pages on my NAND.
>>
> 1. Are you using the generic command function now ?

Oh yeah, thanks for the previous help. I made all the changes that you recommended.

> 2. In yaffs_mtdif.c
>
> struct nand_oobinfo yaffs_oobinfo = {
>         useecc: 1,
> #if (LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,8))
> // this is for versions of mtd nand driver in kernel 2.6.8 and later
>         eccbytes: 6,
> #endif
>         eccpos: {8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15}
> };
>
> The eccbytes setup is neccecary for current MTD CVS. Did you modify the
> #if (LINUX_ ....) ?

Hmm, I didn't know about this one. I defined eccbytes and it works now with
CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_NANDECC defined. I tested it by transferring 60MB without a
single failure so I think I can trust it.  ;)

Have a good weekend,

Aras Vaichas