[Yaffs] cvs YAFFS + MTD cvs + 2.4.27-vrs1 problems

Thomas Gleixner tglx@linutronix.de
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:12:11 +0100

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 17:55 +1100, Aras Vaichas wrote:
> I've finally nailed down a solution to what was causing the occasional bit flip
> and thus all the lost/bad-pages on my NAND.
>
> If I comment out "#USE_NANDECC = -DCONFIG_YAFFS_USE_NANDECC" in my YAFFS
> Makefile, then my files are read back correctly. The only thing that happens
> now is that I get that "Reading data from NAND FLASH without ECC is not
> recommended" warning message BUT my system appears to be working.
>
> I am guessing that the ECC stuff is being handled twice or it is being
> mishandled somewhere when I define CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_NANDECC. Comments?

Yes. :)

1. Are you using the generic command function now ?

2. In yaffs_mtdif.c

struct nand_oobinfo yaffs_oobinfo = {
        useecc: 1,
#if (LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,8))
// this is for versions of mtd nand driver in kernel 2.6.8 and later
        eccbytes: 6,
#endif
        eccpos: {8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15}
};

The eccbytes setup is neccecary for current MTD CVS. Did you modify the
#if (LINUX_ ....) ?

tglx