[Yaffs] Yaffs for 2.4.27, and other questions

Aras Vaichas arasv@magellan-technology.com
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:27:18 +1100

Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 10:21 +1100, Aras Vaichas wrote:
>
>>Hi, I'm running 2.4.27-vrs1 for the AT91RM9200, it's the latest reliable
>>working kernel version for this processor, so I have no other choice but to use
>>it. Unfortunately, the latest MTD code only supports 2.6 kernels.
>

> You can use current MTD with 2.4.27. It's not hard.

Really? We tried doing that several months ago and we had lots of problems
because the code (then) seemed to want to use 2.6 kernel data structures that
weren't in the 2.4 kernel. We just couldn't get it to compile successfully. We
gave up, and just used what came with the vrs1 patch.

I'd be happy to give it another go.

regards,

Aras Vaichas