[Yaffs] Re: YAFFS fs images not working the way I expect

David Wuertele dave-gnus@bfnet.com
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:35:49 -0700

Thomas> OOB info is part of the filesystem.

If it is, the designer made a boo-boo!  It isn't called "out-of-band"
for nothing!

Thomas> ECC is part of error correction in the NAND layer. How should
Thomas> this work without?

1.  ECC is optional in the NAND layer

2.  ECC should be a component of the NAND driver, not of the
    filesystem.

Thomas> nandwrite from MTD/utils programs images with OOB info, ECC
Thomas> and is bad block aware.

But I need to pre-load my flash with a programmer.  This is for the
purposes of mass production, and there's no way to do it on a machine
already running linux.  How am I going to get my YAFFS partition onto
the flash?