[Yaffs] [Yaffs]bad sector control

Charles Manning manningc2@actrix.gen.nz
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:45:05 +1300

YAFFS tracks bad blocks by scanning for bad block markers at boot time. T=
hese=20
blocks are then not used.
Any errors on blocks that occur during runtime are flagged. When the bloc=
k is=20
garbage collected, the data is copied off and instead of erasing and=20
recycling the block it is marked bad and never used again.

-- CHarles