[Yaffs] Optimizing the number of reads and writes to flash

Daniel Gustafsson daniel.gustafsson@space.se
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:46:45 +0200

I am using yaffs/direct and I want to reduce the reads and writes towards
the flash to an absolute minimum. I do not want any verifications of flash
etc. I don not want to use ECC.

I would greatly appreatiate any tips regarding the above issue but also how
to reduce the footprint in RAM and size.

Further more I am interested in some documetation what happens (reads/writes
to flash) when performing some simple fs operations like read/write/open
etc.

I hope someone have the answers I am looking for,

Best Regards
Daniel Gustavsson