[Yaffs] cvs YAFFS + MTD cvs + 2.4.27-vrs1 problems

Thomas Gleixner tglx@linutronix.de
Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:19:12 +0100

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 16:19 +1100, Aras Vaichas wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have managed to get the latest MTD code to compile with a 2.4.27-vrs1 kernel.
> I compiled the latest YAFFS code (from CVS) into the kernel. I mounted a 16MB
> block of Smartmedia NAND and tried to create some files, I got a load of errors
> , I reset the machine because it was obviously going crazy. I then noticed that
> my NAND suddenly had a load of "bad blocks"

Obviously some errors resulted in marking the blocks bad.

Can you first verify that your driver works correctly without a
filesystem ? Use nandwrite to write a file to the chip and nanddump to
read it back.

tglx