[Yaffs] Re: YAFFS support for 16bit NAND flash

adam.charrett@philips.com adam.charrett@philips.com
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:39:06 +0000

Thanks for the info.
The devices we are using are 512B Pages and 16Byte Spare areas and support
1 rewrite to the spare area.
The possibility I'm looking into is reducing the number of bytes used by
the tags by 1.

Bits
15 15-Bit File ID 32K Files
 2 2bit serial number
18 18Bit Page ID
 9 9Bit counter of the number of bytes (n + 1 ,ie 0 is really 1, as there
is no point in allocating a page for 0 bytes? is there?)
12 12Bit ECC
 0 Unused
56 Total

This would be perfectly acceptable for us, as we don't have a very large
device (64MB max)

Cheers

Adam