[Yaffs] Can't enable ecc check for yaffs

Charles Manning Charles.Manning@trimble.co.nz
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:39:39 +1300

There have been some improvements in more recent versions of the mtd
that might make things work better.

You can configure YAFFS to use the mtd's ECC or not
(CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_NANDECC).

If you don't use the mtd's ECC, then mtd will give you the warnings you
mention.

-- Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: yaffs-admin@stoneboat.aleph1.co.uk
[mailto:yaffs-admin@stoneboat.aleph1.co.uk] On Behalf Of zheng wei
Sent: Monday, 8 November 2004 2:11 a.m.
To: yaffs@stoneboat.aleph1.co.uk
Subject: [Yaffs] Can't enable ecc check for yaffs

Hi, sir
 I cannot enable ecc check in mtd, the message in nand.c, func int
nand_write_page (), printk (KERN_WARNING "Writing data without ECC to
NAND-FLASH is not recommended\n");

In mtd/nand.c,
static int nand_write_page (struct mtd_info *mtd, struct nand_chip
*this, int page, u_char *oob_buf,  struct nand_oobinfo *oobsel) {
	int 	i, status;
	u_char	ecc_code[6], *oob_data;
	int	eccmode =3D oobsel->useecc ? this->eccmode :
NAND_ECC_NONE;
//??????? I have initialize the eccmode to NAND_ECC_HW3_512, ... }

I have enable the ecc check in mizi linux 2.4.18 for ARM2410.

Thank you