[Yaffs] Re: YAFFS fs images not working the way I expect

Charles Manning manningc2@actrix.gen.nz
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:22:16 +1300

You won't be able to use any file system with NAND unless you can write t=
he=20
OOB.

All file systems I am aware of at the very least use OOB for storing ECC =
etc.

Have a look at the code for mkyaffs. This should give you a good kick-off=
=20
point for programming YAFFS. I am aware of at least one smartphone=20
manufacturer pre-programming NAND chips directly with YAFFS.

-- Charles