[Yaffs] Re: yaffs 2.0

Charles Manning manningc2@actrix.gen.nz
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:32:25 +1300

Hi

Conceptually, making YAFFS1 work with 2k pages is straight forward, but t=
here=20
are some subtle issues. YAFFS1 uses the stack for pages that it is workin=
g=20
on. The Linux kernel stack is not large, so 2k pages might break.

I would suggest that it makes more sense to wait for YAFFS2. At this stag=
e=20
YAFFS2 is working in yaffs-direct mode on file emulation(that's how I dev=
elop=20
file system algorithms).  I still need to hook up the mtd code to have YA=
FFS2=20
working with 2k pages in the kernel. I expect to have something in CVS wi=
thin=20
2 weeks.

There is also a compatability mode in YAFFS2 so that it will support YAFF=
S1=20
format. The goal of this is that we move all development over to YAFFS2 a=
nd=20
obsolete YAFFS1.

Regards

-- Charles