[Yaffs] problem with object (file) creation

Michael Fischer fischi@epygi.de
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:52:23 +0200

Hello Charles,

> OK, I've worked through the reasoning as to what is going on. It is as
> Michael says, YAFFS is forgetting about objects with cached
> inodes and this  causes things to get out of whack.
>
> I've been over to the linux-fsdevel folks and have received some advice.
>
> One of the possible solutions involves the use of ilookup(). I am
> loath to  use this as it is not available in older kernels (eg.2.4.18).  I
> am acutely  aware that many embedded application use older kernels and it
is
> unrealistic to say "just upgrade".
>
> The solution I'm working on (ready in the next few days) does not use
> ilookup(), but rather extends the code in yaffs_delete_inode.
thanks a lot for your digging into this. Let me know if i can be of any help
in testing your fixes in the environment i have here.

> In the meantime, if you're being help up by things, try the
> patchlette that Michael gives.
if its more convenient and someone is interessted please contact me for a
"real patch" instead of the code sniplet i posted.

Best regards, Michael