Author: Pham, Phong
To: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk
CC: Hillman, Robert
Subject: [Yaffs] mounting yaffs via mount cmd.

Hi,

I have a Linux newbie filesystem question.

On Linux command line: mount -t yaffs2 /dev/ram2 /mnt/mtd

Where ram2 is a block device with major number RAMDISK_MAJOR, then yaffs2_mount() is executed. (The consequence is failure but I am not interested in the failure.)

However, when a
mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mydevice /mnt/mtd

where mydevice is a block device with major number MTD_BLOCK_MAJOR, then yaffs2_mount() is not executed. Linux couldn't find an entry in the bdev_map->probe[MTD_BLOCK_MAJOR] (in genhd.c). Is this because I don't have a MTD Chip Driver installed for YAFFS2 MTD "user" module? (I currently do not have the driver yet; just experimenting right now.)

During initialization, I do see init_mtdblock() is invoked and major_names[MTD_BLOCK_MAJOR] is initialized (register_blkdev() is invoked), but bdev_map->probe[MTD_BLOCK_MAJOR] is not initialized.

Advise pls.,
Phong.

Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain Data Device Corporation's and its subsidiaries privileged and proprietary information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the named recipient of this transmission, any disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the contents of this message is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please destroy it and any attached files and notify me immediately.

Click Here<http://www.ddc-web.com/Profile/EmailPrivacy.aspx> to view our privacy statement.