Autor: Charles Manning
A: Wes Edens
Cc: yaffs@stoneboat.aleph1.co.uk
Asunto: Re: [Yaffs] Tnode RAM usage
Hello Wes

The tnode tree is always kept in RAM. It would be difficult to do otherwise
and still keep performance high.

Of course the tnode tree is used when the file is open, but it is also used
when doing garbage collection etc.

I guess something could be done to store the tnode in flash, but that would
require doing updates every time there's gc etc.

Some further info in
http://www.yaffs.net/sites/yaffs.net/files/HowYaffsWorks.pdf in case you
have not read that.

-- Charles