Autor: Hunter Somerville
Para: yaffs
Asunto: [Yaffs] Complete partition data loss on powercut during write
Hello,

We are encountering an issue where we will usually lose an entire partition
of data if the flash device loses power during a write operation. When we
bring the system back up and remount, all files/directories appear as long
strings of questionmarks with incorrect filenames and such, and we end up
having to flash erase the partition to recover. This only happens on the
device with fairly large pages (4MB Erase blocks, 32KB pages, 1KB OOB), and
does not occur on the more typical device in the same system which uses 4KB
pages.

Obviously these devices utilize different drivers and different hardware,
so the cause might have nothing to do with YAFFS2. However, while we
investigate other possible causes, we felt it might be worthwhile to ask if
anyone else has seen this problem with YAFFS2 or if it could feasibly be
related to the comparably very large page size.

Thanks,
Hunter Somerville