Autor: Charles Manning
Para: patrice.laporte
CC: YAFFS ML
Asunto: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs1 page_status = 0
On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 2:19 AM, <>
wrote:

> Hi to all of you, readers, and a happy new year to all of you
>
> I have the exact same problem, verry recently (last month) it happened
> twice, so let me give you some information about my situation :
>
> 1. We can't reproduced it, it happended twice, that's all we know
> 2. We use yaffs2, with inband tags, on a 2K page NAND flash
> 3. What we have is a file with a whole page of 0: actually it's an area of
> 2032 bytes at 0x00 in the file, so I assume tags is 16 bytes in the page on
> NAND.

That is almost certainly a missing page of data. My bet is that the
location of those bytes is page aligned (ie. located at a multiple of 2032).
If the tags got corrupted then yaffs would not know where the chunk fits
into a file and when you read the file it would appear as a "hole" which
reads back as zero bytes.

> 4. We didn't dump the raw flash, unfortunatly, so I only have the two
> "corrupted" files, not the raw FS image for forensic
>
> More about me and this problem:
>
>    - it happened really recently, and I jumped in the investigation this
>    week only. I'm new on yaffs and just started reading about it (web site and
>    code source reading), and I'm a bit confused and don't know where to start
>    investigation.
>    - I'm working on old version of source code, under commercial licence,
>    with our own adjustement/patch I presume, with interface to VxWorks : so
>    there is no way for me to try migrating to latest yaffs version

> Since I'm starting investigation, I will try to post here some result if
> they can be usefull, but for now I will appreciate some help to guide me:
> if someone can tell me where to start looking in source code, it will be
> verry nice.
>
> In the same time, I will also look at the NAND driver, maybe issue is
> lower than the FS

I would certainly check that the ECC is working correctly and all the
driver algorithms are correctly implimented.